Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mhz Mhz is offline

Default Preventing Info From Scrolling ... Possible ??

Hi, I'm just curious to know if it is possible to have a Text Box or
other information
Not Scroll (Stay Stationary) when scrolling horizontal or vertical?

I do know about the Freeze Pane Feature but they are very limited to
Top Row
and maybe the first column which doesn't help my situation.

Is there any other method of freezing Data not to scroll without using
the Freeze Features?

Thanks for any info on this...

--
Mhz
Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35980

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Just some thoughts .. I'd usually make do by say, opening 2 windows (Window
New window), then Window Arrange Tiled / Horiz and possibly manually
resize if necessary to suit.
--
Max
Singapore
"Mhz" wrote:

Hi, I'm just curious to know if it is possible to have a Text Box or
other information
Not Scroll (Stay Stationary) when scrolling horizontal or vertical?

I do know about the Freeze Pane Feature but they are very limited to
Top Row
and maybe the first column which doesn't help my situation.

Is there any other method of freezing Data not to scroll without using
the Freeze Features?

Thanks for any info on this...

--
Mhz
Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35980
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mhz Mhz is offline

Thanks Max for the reply,

I wish they would work on expanding the Freeze Panes or making use of
Floating text Box. My Format is already spaced for Optimized Width and
It
would be a bit more irritating to shift between windows, But none the
less
your method appears to be the best at hand... Thanks..;)

--
Mhz
Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35980
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

You're welcome, Mhz !

.. or making use of a Floating text Box.

I played with some past code by Orlando Magalhães Filho (below)
and it seems to do the above nicely (I just found the code <g)

Here's a sample file with the code implemented:
http://www.savefile.com/files/7433679
Floating Textbox Example.xls

Steps:
Draw a text box (default named:"Text Box 1") on the sheet first
Then install the code by right-clicking on sheet tab View code
then copy n paste Orlando's code into the code window
[ Adjust the x, y offsets to suit - I set these arbitrarily to 10]

'---
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
'by Orlando Magalhães Filho in .programming
x_offset = 10
y_offset = 10
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 1").Select
With Cells(ActiveWindow.Panes(1).ScrollRow, _
ActiveWindow.Panes(1).ScrollColumn)
xpos = .Left + x_offset
ypos = .Top + y_offset
End With
With Selection
.Left = xpos
.Top = ypos
End With
Target.Select
End Sub
'---

--
"Mhz" wrote:
Thanks Max for the reply,
I wish they would work on expanding the Freeze Panes
or making use of a Floating text Box.
My Format is already spaced for Optimized Width and
It would be a bit more irritating to shift between windows,
But none the less your method appears to be the best at hand
... Thanks ..;)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

In the sample file, the demo textbox -- with the eye-catching classic Ferrari
thrown in as a bonus <g -- will remain fixed in the top left corner when we
scroll down or across the sheet ..