Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default New

Im just curious, Im somewhat new to Excel.
I am starting to do stock market trades.
For Tax purposes, I have to report my cost - and the Revenue gained so that
I can be taxed on only the profit. Not only that, I have to report if it is
long term or short term.

In order to help me calculate Cost, Is it not best to set up a FiFO system?
if that is the best way, then how do I impliment a nice spreadsheet that
will help me with this? or is one already avaliable?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

I owuld just make a regular Excel Database.......ie with my Header row as
row1 and each transaction in it's own separate row below that.

Row1 headings could be something like these, or any other that you want....

A1=Item
B1=Date
C1=StockCode
D1=StockFullName