Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I Need Help! Asap.

I am trying to create a quote sheet.

I have located similar information however it doesn't make sense. I
tried to used nested IF statements but the limit of 7 doesn't work out
very well. Then I tried to explore Macros but I have no idea how those
work. So I really need some help.

Right now I have three things.

Amount of Users - Cost

Based on the amount of users, it produces a cost associated.

1 = 10
2 = 15
3 = 20
4 = 30
5 = 40
6 = 55
7 = 60
8 = 70

..... 40 = XXX and so on.

Prices are fictional however I need it to pull the amount of users and
produce teh cost associated with it.

--
kristyb
kristyb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37311

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi KristyB
I would suggest using a vlookup. There should be plenty of info on that
in excels help feature.

See how you go and if your still stuck let me know!

Steel Monkey

--
Steel Monkey
Steel Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29051

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

The feature you are looking for is called VLOOKUP.
For practice, put 1 in M1 and 2 in M2 down to 40 in M40......then put
whatever "prices" you wish in the corresponding cells down column
N......then in A1 type a number between 1 and 40, and finally in B1 put this
formula.....it will return the "price" for the number in A1.........

=VLOOKUP(A1,M1:N40,2,FALSE)

you can change the cell numbers to fit your needs
hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"kristyb" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=VLOOKUP(A1,{1,10;2,15;3,20;4,30;5,40;6,55;7,60;8, 70},2)
You can extend this as far as needed if you want a solution in just one
cell,
Regards,
Alan
PS This with inspiration from Bob Phillips earlier today!
"kristyb" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

CLR I used your example and it worked.

HOWEVER, I changed it to Hlookup and it works fine.

What if... on row 1 & 3 I have my numbers 1-40
and on row 2 & 4 I have my prices. How can I make it that it picks up
the table array for row 1&3 and row2&4?

--
kristyb
kristyb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37311
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

=IF(ISNA(HLOOKUP(A1,F1:Y2,2,FALSE)),HLOOKUP(A1,F3: Y4,2,FALSE),HLOOKUP(A1,F1:Y2,2,FALSE))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3