Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Payroll calculating

With a rang of cells equaling 90,(a1,b1,c1 and so), how do you get the
calculating to stop at 40. Useing Excel 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=MIN(40,SUM(A1:C1))

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"Clay" wrote in message
With a rang of cells equaling 90,(a1,b1,c1 and so), how do you get the
calculating to stop at 40. Useing Excel 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

-- For some reason I am not able to start a new question, but I am able to
reply - so I hope someone sees my question here and can help me! I am just
starting to use Excel, I have 2000 if that matters. My problem is I have set
up payroll and have gross wages in cell F5, cell G5 calculates SS tax on cell
F5. After putting in the months payroll I want the sum of each column to be
in row 10. However, I am not always getting the correct answer in the total
rows. For instance it should be 13.06 and is showing 13.05. I am sure it
has something to do with multipling and then adding but I don't know!!!!
Traci