Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Editing menus in Excel 2007 beta 2

How do I edit the "right click menu" in Excel 2007 Beta 2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Diggerdeep

Same as in older versions with VBA code

This example will add 3 controls to the Cell menu that run your own macro's.

Change this two lines :

onaction_names = Array("macro1", "macro2", "macro3")
caption_names = Array("caption 1", "caption 2", "caption 3")

Sub Add_Controls()
Dim i As Long
Dim onaction_names As Variant
Dim caption_names As Variant
onaction_names = Array("macro1", "macro2", "macro3")
caption_names = Array("caption 1", "caption 2", "caption 3")
With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
For i = LBound(onaction_names) To UBound(onaction_names)
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.OnAction = ThisWorkbook.Name & "!" & onaction_names(i)
.Caption = caption_names(i)
End With
Next i
End With
End Sub

Sub Delete_Controls()
Dim i As Long
Dim caption_names As Variant
caption_names = Array("caption 1", "caption 2", "caption 3")
With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
For i = LBound(caption_names) To UBound(caption_names)
On Error Resume Next
.Controls(caption_names(i)).Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Next i
End With

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Diggerdeep" wrote in message ...
How do I edit the "right click menu" in Excel 2007 Beta 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

From what I read in the helps with the Office 2007, there is not way to edit
the "right click" menu or the menu toolbar. In my opinion, the new menu
system is terrible. It will be okay if you are a novice with the software
suite, but if you are more experienced the menus are a pain in the butt. The
new menus slow your productivity. They should give you the option between the
old or new menus styles.

How do I edit the "right click menu" in Excel 2007 Beta 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank Y ou Ron:- I am sure what you sent me as an answer would be very
helpful if I was a programmer...unfortunately your answer was way above my
abilities to respond...but I would like to thank you again for a very
detailed answer.

Diggerdeep

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hey JKP:- Thanks for taking the time to answer my question...I agree with
you, it seems they have taken a giant step backward to making the program
user friendly.

Diggerdeep

From what I read in the helps with the Office 2007, there is not way to edit