Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Condidtional formatting question

Can someone help me please? I use a flowchart that shows numbers
either in black (meets minimum standards) or red (does not meet minimum
standards). Because I have formulas in every cell through the second
week of September, the cells for future weeks show 0.00%. Can someone
suggest a way to format the cells for future weeks to show as white
text so the numbers are not visible? I don't want to mess with the
formatting that changes text color from black to red.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
David McRitchie

Conditional Formatting will override normal cell formatting
so if you make the text match the background it should not be a problem.
The values are not affected and if you remove it then it is gone.

But I think what you want to do can be done entirely with normal
cell formatting. If you simply want to suppress zero values
from showing. Make the third parameter empty (note two semi-colons on end)
i.e. 0.00%_);[Red](0.00%);;

---
HTH,