booris

Default Trying to link MS Access to MS Excel

Hi all,
I have a list of clients information stored in MS access. When i use
MS Excel and as i type in the name of my client, my clients other information
like address, tel no, fax no and all will appear. How do i go about doing it.

I have installed Microsoft Accesslinks Add-in but does not help.

PLssssssss help...............

THNKS
Bill Manville

Booris wrote:
I have a list of clients information stored in MS access. When i use
MS Excel and as i type in the name of my client, my clients other information
like address, tel no, fax no and all will appear. How do i go about doing it.

I would create a QueryTable in Excel (details depend on your version of Excel -
always worth telling us), e.g. Data / Get External Data / New Database Query.

If you have a relatively small number of clients then you could just query the
whole table into Excel and use VLOOKUP functions to extract the fields relevant
to the client you type in.

If you have a large number of clients then you could use a Parameter query -
where the specific client's information is retrieved when you type the name into
a specific cell.

I suggest you explore those areas and come back with a more specific question if
you get stuck.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England