Junior Member

Default Accessing data in linked Access table

I have an Excel workbook where I used to import all the data from an Access table. Now I just want to link to the Access table and just pull small amounts of data from it.

I just don't know the syntax to use in functions in my Excel workbook. When the data was imported into a sheet (called 'QuoteData') in the same workbook, the syntax for one of the fields I'm working on would read:

=SUMIFS('QuoteData'!$H:$H,'QuoteData'!$J:$J,E$3,'Q uoteData'!$E:$E,$A5)

That worked fine. Now this data remains in the Access table (called 'QUOTE_INFO') and I've created a connection to that table. I've tried this (using column names instead of column letters --grasping at straws!) and it doesn't work:

=SUMIFS('QUOTE_INFO'!$UPLOAD_IND:$UPLOAD_IND,'QUOT E_INFO'!$MONTHYEAR:$MONTHYEAR,E$3,'QUOTE_INFO'!$Po licy_Agent:$Policy_Agent,$A4)

It just says the formula I typed contains an error. So, how do I reference columns in a linked Access table. Thanks for any help you can give!