Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Linking Excel 2007 to Powerpoint 2007

When I link Powerpoint 2007 charts to Excel 2007, the links initially work
when setting up the charts. However, if I close the chart and reopen it, my
links are no longer available. Even if I keep Excel open, it still happens.
I know of others at different organizations across the states that are
experiencing the same problem, so I know that it's just not me.

This problem only occurs when on a server drive, not the C drive.
Powerpoint 2003 links work just fine on a server drive, but not 2007.

If I keep the charts as Powerpoint 2003 (within Powerpoint 2007), then the
links work just fine on the server.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Thanks.