Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Complex sheets - how can I delete rows without destroying formulas?

I have complex excel sheets and want to remove some rows. When I simply
delete them, formulas in other cells are not corrected and still have a
reference to the deleted cells. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Sybille.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Sybille Lausitz wrote:
I have complex excel sheets and want to remove some rows. When I simply
delete them, formulas in other cells are not corrected and still have a
reference to the deleted cells.

That is normal Excel behaviour.
If the cell no longer exists then you cannot use its value.
Maybe you are trying to produce a running total down a column with, say,
C3 containing =C2+B3
In that case you will get a #REF error if you delete row 2.
Change the formula to =OFFSET(C3,-1,0)+B3
That will survive the deletion.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England