Adam

Default Web Queries

I am trying to set up a sheet to access stock quotes. I know the site and
table, but I want to list a column of stock codes from which a web query
grabs the code and runs to download the stock quote. I know how to select the
parameters for a conventional query, but can anyone suggest a quick way that
I can expand the query down the sheet quickly as you would a formula with
cell references so that I can have a row of stock code, then the query
referencing the code in that row returning the quote.
Adam I

grabbing a stock code from a column, e.g.
IBM
TW
RHD
MMM etc
going to http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=XXX, where XXX is the required stock
code
Select no formatting and only Table 11 of the web page and you get the stock
name and price retrieved to 2 Excel cells

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Give complete detail as to url & list etc. OR

Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or
history. Look for donaldb36 as author.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software