Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Link for Stock Market info

Is ther any way to link a cell to get info from a Stock Market site that
provides a quote for particular stock?
i.e. Plug Stock XYZ price from Yahoo Finance (or any other site) into a
cell.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hatter

You might want to check out Dataexternal dataNew web query, navigate to
the site and select the data to enter in (Look under options on this
dialogue for formatting options) and this will refresh whenever you want

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Hatter" wrote in message
Is ther any way to link a cell to get info from a Stock Market site that
provides a quote for particular stock?
i.e. Plug Stock XYZ price from Yahoo Finance (or any other site) into a
cell.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Thank you very much Nick.
I've never seen anything like that before.
I thought there would have to be all kinds of VBA code to work with.
This is exactly what I want. Now let see how I can incorporate it into what
I want to do.
Thanks again....this is great!

"Hatter" wrote in message
Is ther any way to link a cell to get info from a Stock Market site that
provides a quote for particular stock?
i.e. Plug Stock XYZ price from Yahoo Finance (or any other site) into a
cell.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Sometimes there is no need to re-invent the wheel ;-)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge