Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default about Offset function

I got a model from a colleague. He used offset function but only with
3 inputs OFFSET(F171,$D$26,0). This is different from what explained
in using offset, i.e. Offset(A1, 1, 2, 1, 1). Could anyone help me on
understanding this? thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

From XL Help ("OFFSET")"

OFFSET(reference,rows,cols,height,width)
If height or width is omitted, it is assumed to be
the same height or width as reference

In article .com,
Elysia wrote:

I got a model from a colleague. He used offset function but only with
3 inputs OFFSET(F171,$D$26,0). This is different from what explained
in using offset, i.e. Offset(A1, 1, 2, 1, 1). Could anyone help me on
understanding this? thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

From XL Help ("OFFSET")"

wrote:
I got a model from a colleague. He used offset function but only with
3 inputs OFFSET(F171,$D$26,0). This is different from what explained
in using offset, i.e. Offset(A1, 1, 2, 1, 1). Could anyone help me on
understanding this? thanks!!- Hide quoted text -

thanks