Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Duplicate Files

Hello,
I have inherited a bunch of data, that is named under different folders
however the information inside the folders are the same.
In other words I have two folders one named " LabFolder" and the other Lab
Folder"; however the information in both are the same...

Is there a command to rid excell of duplicate information. The files in both
folders are the exact same.

thanks
la

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Misschanda via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Is there a command to rid excell of duplicate information.

I don't know what sort of "duplicate information" you mean.
The only thing I can think of that Excel "remembers" is recently used
files.

You can remove them by deleting registry keys in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\E xcel\Recent Files

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Misschanda via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Where do I input this information???

Sorry, but I still don't know what information you are referring to.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Registry keys are found using the command regedit through Start - Run
**However be warned editing your Registry can cause your computer to become
inoperable if you do make changes**

Bill Manville wrote:
Misschanda via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Where do I input this information???

Sorry, but I still don't know what information you are referring to.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

I'm not sure, but something like that happend to me, I create a Excel or Word
document, and the same file appear in my both disks, C: and J:, the same with
my folders. I'd like to use J: only for System files, not for save data,
because my Virtual memory is too small. I always delete the duplicates files
in J: from time to time.