Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Datapoint

Alright so I was able to link a Excel doc and have a live link
actually work in a PP presentation. Here is my new problems.

1. I'm trying to make a chart in Excel which is based on a pivot
table is this possible or do I have to make the data static before
creating the chart?

2. If this is possible will datapoint be able to understand the data
layers and properly update the chart on a PP presentation?

I'm hoping that both things are possible, as its pretty much our last
shot at making a viable live updateable informational chart, otherwise
the data must all be copied/pasted to a static format, then charts
created in seperate files and then linked to a new PP presentation. A
very time consuming, tedious and usually annoying process. Any help
on this would be great.