Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.links
No Name

Default Web Site Lookup

Folks:

I have a simple 1-column Excel spreadsheet containing the ticker symbols of
a variety of stocks.
Now, manually I can go to a website
(http://www.briefing.com/Investor/Pri...gsCalendar.htm) &
individually type in these ticker symbols then wait for the printed results
to displayed on a new window. Then I would copy the data of interest to me
(a single date - yy/yy/yyyy ). Eventually I got to thinking there must be
some way to automate this manual task using Excel or any other program.

* Is there an Excel command (or some other technique) that can take input
(stock ticker symbol) then submit this information to a specific website
then extract the results (a date - yy/yy/yyyy) then finally return same to
the excel cell ?

Appreciate any informaton or ideas on this issue

Thanks,
John.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.links

John,

You can download and install the MSN Stock Quote add-in

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6b57/msnsq.exe

It offers a function that can extract different informational items about a stock, depending on the
input parameter.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

<JoJo wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.links
No Name

Bernie:

Thanks for the information provided below. I downloaded this & another one
(rrStock - Office 2003 Add-In Stock Actions).
While we are on the subject of Microsoft & the Stock Market.

* Do you know of any Microsoft Stock Market Applications/Add-ins/
Utilities/etc ?

Thanks again,
John.

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
John,

You can download and install the MSN Stock Quote add-in

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...a-803e-68d5da0
c6b57/msnsq.exe

<JoJo wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.links

You can goto the yahoo group xltraders and look for many free files there
including a couple of mine under the author donalb36.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

&
individually type in these ticker symbols then wait for the printed

results
to displayed on a new window. Then I would copy the data of interest to

me
(a single date - yy/yy/yyyy ). Eventually I got to thinking there must

be
some way to automate this manual task using Excel or any other program.

* Is there an Excel command (or some other technique) that can take

input
(stock ticker symbol) then submit this information to a specific
website
then extract the results (a date - yy/yy/yyyy) then finally return

same to
the excel cell ?

Appreciate any informaton or ideas on this issue

Thanks,
John.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.links

John,

Sorry, I don't. But Google is your friend <vbg - and there are so many that I won't try to list
them....

Bernie
MS Excel MVP