Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Linking Word and Excel

Hi all,

This seems to be an easy bet for most of the Excel users, but it is
really not for me. I created a Word file. Now i want to put a hyperlink
to the SECOND work-sheet of another excel file, which is saved in same
folder. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks and regards,
Arun Kumar Saha
Hyderabad, INDIA

--
arrun
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

in Word press Ctrl-k (Control ank K keys at the same time).

select the "Link to:" option in the left pane and choose "Existing File or
Web Page"

enter the following text in the "Address:"

WorksheetName.xls#'sheet2'!A1

Replace WorksheetName.xls with your file name
Replace sheet2 with your workbook name
Note that sheet2 the worksheet name (ie sheet2) is enclosed in single quotes.

There is an exclamation point ( above your number one) between the sheet name
and the cell reference.

A1 in the cell that will appear in the top left corner so you can open to any
point in the workbook by just changing the reference point.
It doesn't always open the specified reference point at the top left of the
screen, so you may have to experiment to get the effect you want.