Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Link to Network Drive

I have a spreadsheet which links into an Access database, the database is on
a shared drive which I see as the 'H' drive, however there are a few users
of this file who see it as their 'K' drive. I need to change the connection
from the drive letter to the Network drive path to enable another user to be
able to update this data in my absence but I can't see how to so this, any
help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel

I checked one of the spreadsheets that I have linked to one of my Access
databases, and I didn't see a way to change the query drive letters. Looks
to me like you'll be better off creating another workbook or sheet with the
new query for the time being.

"Keith" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which links into an Access database, the database is on
a shared drive which I see as the 'H' drive, however there are a few users
of this file who see it as their 'K' drive. I need to change the connection
from the drive letter to the Network drive path to enable another user to be
able to update this data in my absence but I can't see how to so this, any
help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Mar 15, 1:10 pm, "Keith" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet which links into an Access database, the database is on
a shared drive which I see as the 'H' drive, however there are a few users
of this file who see it as their 'K' drive. I need to change the connection
from the drive letter to the Network drive path to enable another user to be
able to update this data in my absence but I can't see how to so this, any
help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Reference it by its true network name instead of your mapped drive-
ie, if it is on a server called "myserve" then you would reference "\
\myserve"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes, that's what I want to do, but I can't see a way of doing it, I go into
DataImport External DataNew Database Query, but then I do not get an
option to use the Network drive path, just the 'H' drive, I have tried to
modify the existing query but can't see a way of doing it there either.

"SteveF" wrote in message
ups.com...