Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Pasting a Selection as a Picture

Hello, I am trying to convert a selection in Excel into a picture
within Excel. Whenever I select the cells I want to copy and go to
"Paste Special" it gives me only Paste Special with only the selections
for "All", "Formulas", "Values", etc...

I need the Paste Special that will allow me to paste as a picture.
Currently I make my selection in Excel, select Copy, and then do a
Paste Special in Word and then import back into Excel. Is there a
simpler way? Thanks for the feedback and support.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Daniel,

After copying:
.. select the destination cell
.. hold down the <Shift key and click on the 'Edit' menu
.. choose 'Paste Picture

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message
oups.com...
| Hello, I am trying to convert a selection in Excel into a picture
| within Excel. Whenever I select the cells I want to copy and go to
| "Paste Special" it gives me only Paste Special with only the selections
| for "All", "Formulas", "Values", etc...
|
| I need the Paste Special that will allow me to paste as a picture.
| Currently I make my selection in Excel, select Copy, and then do a
| Paste Special in Word and then import back into Excel. Is there a
| simpler way? Thanks for the feedback and support.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

On Jan 26, 6:03 am, "
wrote:
Hello, I am trying to convert a selection in Excel into a picture
within Excel. Whenever I select the cells I want to copy and go to
"Paste Special" it gives me only Paste Special with only the selections
for "All", "Formulas", "Values", etc...

I need the Paste Special that will allow me to paste as a picture.
Currently I make my selection in Excel, select Copy, and then do a
Paste Special in Word and then import back into Excel. Is there a
simpler way? Thanks for the feedback and support.

Ok, this is a little complicated, so feel free to email me if unclear
ok...

First... Open Excel, and right click on any toolbar, and select
customise, you should be on the commands tab, if not please select it
Then select Tools on the left, and scroll down until you find the one
called "Camera" and has a little camera icon (it's a little over half
way down)... Drag and drop this back to the tool bar

Now go to the work sheet and select the cells that you want to copy...
then click the camera and then anywhere else on the worksheet, hold
click drag and release... You should now have a picture perfect image
of what you want...

Two things you should know...

1) This will always update the image depending on the cells (try it,
it's really funky to see)
2) If you need to take it to a word document or powerpoint or
something, you will need to cut and paste it, but it always comes out
perfect (but this fix it to a static picture file and not dynamic like
the first one)

Hope this helps you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi vitruvian,

The method I described allows you to paste the picture as a link also.

As for other apps (eg Word), you can paste the range in various formats, including as a picture or worksheet object, via Edit|Paste
Special, with or without a link to the source.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]