Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Probably a vlookup type ? not sure

trying to track overtime. Employees broken up into sections a,b,c,d, and
then section a and section b are each have subsections broken up into 1,2,3
and c and d section each have 4,5,6 for subsections.

?: when an employee does overtime, they are entered under the A column
starting of course in A2 and working down. in B2 is entered the section
let's say C and then in C2 is entered their subsection, let's say for C we
use 4. Now in Col. D is the amount of hours that employee worked OT. On a
seperate sheet called "report" I want to show how many hours of overtime
occurred for each Section (ex: D section) and then also show how many hours
for the Section and subsection together (ex: D1, which means hours for D
section again but specifically for subsection 1 of D section.).

I would appreciate any help
Thank you,
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMIF(Sheet1!B:B,"D",Sheet1!D:D)

for the overtime

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!B2:B200="D"),--(Sheet1!C2:C200=4),D2:D200)

(I used D4 as D can't have a sub-section 1 <g)

SUMPRODUCT cannot use whole columns as SUJMIF can.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips