Guy

Default Summarising table entries

Thanks Biff

My actual sheets have a lot more columns (and may be added to or reduced
later) and ideally I want to run the summary for each of the values in the
cells (i.e. 1, 2, 3) in a separate end column.

I think having to create a new column for each of the headed columns, and do
it 3 times, will mean I will run past the IV column limit.

Do you know what that add-in function is called? I've had a look at
'Conditional sum' and 'Lookup' but can't see what I'm after.

Thanks for your help.

Guy

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Not EXACTLY what you want, but close.

In F2 enter this formula and copy across to I2:

Entered as an array with the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER.

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX($B$1:$E$1,SMALL(IF($B2:$E2=1,COL UMN
($A:$D)),COLUMN(A:A)))),"",INDEX($B$1:$E$1,SMALL(I F
($B2:$E2=1,COLUMN($A:$D)),COLUMN(A:A))))

This will extract the headings to separate cells.

There is an add-in with a specialized function that does
exactly what you want but I'm not familiar with it.

Another way to get close to what you want is to enter the
formula in say G2 and copy across to J2. Then, in F2 enter
this formula:

=TRIM(G2&" "&H2&" "&I2&" "&J2)

This will extract the headings to separate cells G2:J2
then the formula in F2 will concatenate those cells into a
single cell less the comma.

Biff

table dow Excel Worksheet Functions 0 January 11th 05 05:17 PM
Running Data Table using an input that triggers DDE linked data [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 16th 04 11:56 AM
Data Table - does it work with DDE links and Stock Tickers? Post Tenebras Lux Excel Worksheet Functions 0 December 1st 04 05:17 PM
How I can add categories in a pivot table? Todd L. Excel Worksheet Functions 0 December 1st 04 05:19 AM