Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Haz Haz is offline

Default Function to give value of a BLANK cell based on another

HI
I'm using Excel 2003, I'm trying to write a function that will return the
value of a blank cell in cloumn 3 when cloumn 2 has the highest number
entered in it
B C
12
13
14 ( return data entered in this cell here)

I've tried different functions without success.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

your statement is confusing, what do you mean by [return the value of a
blank cell], what I have guessed is that you want to return the highest
value of col B in col C
suppose you data in col B is in the range of B1:B50 then in col c put
following function to show in col C the highest value.
=IF(B1<LARGE($B$1:$B$50,1),"",B1) try this function for your purpose or
elaborate your question.

Haz Wrote:
HI
I'm using Excel 2003, I'm trying to write a function that will return
the
value of a blank cell in cloumn 3 when cloumn 2 has the highest number
entered in it
B C
12
13
14 ( return data entered in this cell here)

I've tried different functions without success.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434