Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Function

A B
1-5 $ 200.00
6-10 $400.00
11-15 $ 600.00
16-20 $ 750.00
21-30 $ 1000.00

Question - If the value in a cell in Column A falls within a specified range
then the corresponding $ amount is in Column B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Trying --

Howze about:

A B
1 5 $200
2 10 $400
3 15 $600
4 20 $800
5 25 $1000

10 X =VLOOKUP(A10,$A$1:$B$5,2)

hth

"Trying To Excel" wrote:

A B
1-5 $ 200.00
6-10 $400.00
11-15 $ 600.00
16-20 $ 750.00
21-30 $ 1000.00

Question - If the value in a cell in Column A falls within a specified range
then the corresponding $ amount is in Column B.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Trying To Excel" wrote:

A B
1-5 $ 200.00
6-10 $400.00
11-15 $ 600.00
16-20 $ 750.00
21-30 $ 1000.00

Question - If the value in a cell in Column A falls within a specified range
then the corresponding $ amount is in Column B.

I phrased my question incorrectly. Cell A1 could have any value in it from 1
to 30. My question is if that value is between lets say 1 and 5 then B1
should be $ 200.00. if it is between 16 and 20 then B1 should be $ 750.00 and
so on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Set up table as below in Columns A & B:

A B
1 200
6 400
11 600
16 750
21 1000

If lookup value is in D1 then:

=VLOOKUP(D1,$A$1:$B$5,2,1)

Or to allow for errors:

=IF(iserror(VLOOKUP(D1,$A$1:$B$5,2,1)),"",VLOOKUP( D1,$A$1:$B$5,2,1))

this return blank if error condition arises

HTH

"Trying To Excel" wrote:

"Trying To Excel" wrote:

A B
1-5 $ 200.00
6-10 $400.00
11-15 $ 600.00
16-20 $ 750.00
21-30 $ 1000.00

Question - If the value in a cell in Column A falls within a specified range
then the corresponding $ amount is in Column B.

I phrased my question incorrectly. Cell A1 could have any value in it from 1
to 30. My question is if that value is between lets say 1 and 5 then B1
should be $ 200.00. if it is between 16 and 20 then B1 should be $ 750.00 and
so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formula suggested by pdberger does exactly what you ask. Just use a
separate area in your worksheet to populate with two columns exactly as
pdberger said. For example, put them in K1:L5. Then, if you enter a
value in A1, B1 will show the corresponding value with:

=VLOOKUP(A1,$K$1:$L$5,2)

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops,
too long away from computers... Both pdberger and myself are wrong in
the way we suggested you populate the lookup table. You should follow
Toppers' suggestion.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

vezerid wrote:
The formula suggested by pdberger does exactly what you ask. Just use a
separate area in your worksheet to populate with two columns exactly as
pdberger said. For example, put them in K1:L5. Then, if you enter a
value in A1, B1 will show the corresponding value with:

=VLOOKUP(A1,$K$1:$L$5,2)

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OR ... include the list in the formula itself so that no separate datalist
is necessary:

=LOOKUP(A1,{0,1,6,11,16,21;0,200,400,600,750,1000} )

--
HTH,

RD

"Trying To Excel" wrote:

"Trying To Excel" wrote:

A B
1-5 $ 200.00
6-10 $400.00
11-15 $ 600.00
16-20 $ 750.00
21-30 $ 1000.00

Question - If the value in a cell in Column A falls within a specified

range
then the corresponding $ amount is in Column B.

I phrased my question incorrectly. Cell A1 could have any value in it

from 1
to 30. My question is if that value is between lets say 1 and 5 then B1
should be $ 200.00. if it is between 16 and 20 then B1 should be $

750.00 and
so on.

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM