Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have to change a bunch of formula that need to reference a different workbook.

The one workbook will have a price list the other will have all the quote
sheets. At first I had a page with the mark ups and hourly rate in the
first workbook that they were used on another page to mark up the products.
But I realized that this wouldn't work because an changes in the first book
would make those changes to the other work books when they got opened -
creating a huge can of worms so no I need to move the control sheet to the
quote work book. But this will mean changes all the formula a very time
consuming and tedious process. Can I set up the formula in the control
worksheet and have it as a cell reference effect the contents of that cell.
This is one of the formulas that I need to use:

=IF(Questionaire!$F$16=1,I1073,IF(Questionaire!$F$ 16=2,I1073*'Look up
tables'!$D$9,IF(Questionaire!$F$16=3,I1073*'Look up
tables'!$D$10,IF(Questionaire!$F$16=4,I1073*'Look up
tables'!$D$11,IF(Questionaire!$F$16=5,I1073*'Look up
tables'!$D$12,IF(Questionaire!$F$16=6,I1073*'Look up
tables'!$D$13,IF(Questionaire!$F$16=7,I1073*'Look up
tables'!$D$14,IF(Questionaire!$F$16=8,I1073*'Look up tables'!$D$15,""))))))
))

Any suggestions?

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like you may be doing an easy job the hard way. I suggest you
post a sample of data and a description of what you want to acheive,
then see if someone can help with an easier method.

Matt

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35514

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have to change a bunch of formula that need to reference a diffe

Where you put it does not matter, as it will always affect all other entries,
when you make changes. The only way to overcome this kind of problem is to
still use formulae to calculate, but then to copy your results and paste
special, eg into a quote template. Iow, you will have a calculation sheet
and a quote sheet. You do your calculations in the calculation sheet, and
then, using a macro, copy the results to the quote sheet, and paste special
as values.

Your IF story is very complicated and I think unnecessary. You could create
a lookup table that says what needs to happen for each condition, and then
use VLOOKUP to do the calculations for you. May be way off beat here, but
without any real info, that's what it looks like to me

"Marc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The IF statement is based on the square footage of the house. The large the
house the more expensive to pre-wire the refences to the "Questionaire" is
where the drop down with the square footage option are located. The actual
multipliers are on the "Look up tables" sheet. I'd be happy to make this
simplier but without understanding Macros this is the best way that I know.
I'd be apprecaitive of any help.

Marc

tables'

"Marc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have to change a bunch of formula that need to reference a d

Without having detailed info about what you are trying to do here, I will not
be able to assist. If you wish, send me your file to
j.kasselman@lanticdotnet_changethedot