Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default =COUNTIF(D4:D29,"0")

I need this formula to also count negative numbers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you tried this:

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

--

HTH,

RD

"Mike" wrote in message
I need this formula to also count negative numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe...

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

Mike wrote:

I need this formula to also count negative numbers

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need this do count both negative and positive

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Have you tried this:

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

--

HTH,

RD

"Mike" wrote in message
I need this formula to also count negative numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess i need to have THE ABS value

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Have you tried this:

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

--

HTH,

RD

"Mike" wrote in message
I need this formula to also count negative numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need them to by 1 EXample

1 2 4 5 10 11 15 16 -19 24 0 -13 0 2 0 -9 0 0 0
0 0 -3 0 1 0 -46 1 - 0 0 -11 0 -120 0 0 0 5 -1 1 0
Total 4 2 3 3 4 3 4

"Mike" wrote:

I need this do count both negative and positive

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Have you tried this:

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

--

HTH,

RD

"Mike" wrote in message
I need this formula to also count negative numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(D4:D29)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike" wrote:

I need this do count both negative and positive

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Have you tried this:

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

--

HTH,

RD

"Mike" wrote in message
I need this formula to also count negative numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0") will count anything not zero (empty cells, text,
booleans, errors, etc). It also behaves strangely on sheets where the last
row ever used is <29.

To count only positive or negative numbers, use
=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"0")+COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

Jerry

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

Mike wrote:

I need this formula to also count negative numbers

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good point.

Another alternative...
=COUNT(D4:D29)-COUNTIF(D4:D29,0)

Which will distiguish between text 0 ('0) and the number 0.

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0") will count anything not zero (empty cells, text,
booleans, errors, etc). It also behaves strangely on sheets where the last
row ever used is <29.

To count only positive or negative numbers, use
=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"0")+COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

Jerry

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

Mike wrote:

I need this formula to also count negative numbers

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TY Very Much That Worked Great

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0") will count anything not zero (empty cells, text,
booleans, errors, etc). It also behaves strangely on sheets where the last
row ever used is <29.

To count only positive or negative numbers, use
=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"0")+COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")

Jerry

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

=COUNTIF(D4:D29,"<0")