Glenn

Default Totalling values across columns

Hi all,
I have 2 columns A1:A600 & C1:C600
Column "A" contains a number of 'Validated List' drop boxes and Column "C"
contains values that depend on the list box selection
Q: If various boxes contained say "Carpenter" - How do I total the
resultant values of these from Column "C" to show the total value of all
"Carpenter" boxes??
Help

RagDyer

Try this:

=SUMIF(A1:A600,"Carpenter",C1:C600)

You could also enter the item to add into a particular cell, so that it
would be easily changed:

=SUMIF(A1:A600,D1,C1:C600)
--

HTH,

RD

"Glenn" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have 2 columns A1:A600 & C1:C600
Column "A" contains a number of 'Validated List' drop boxes and Column "C"
contains values that depend on the list box selection
Q: If various boxes contained say "Carpenter" - How do I total the
resultant values of these from Column "C" to show the total value of all
"Carpenter" boxes??
Help

Max

One way to set it up

Copy the DV from any cell in col A
into say, E1:H1

Put in E2: =IF(E1="","",SUMIF($A:$A,E1,$C:$C))
Copy E2 across to H2

E2:H2 will return the sums of the DV items selected in E1:H1
from col C

Example: If you select from the DV in E1: "Carpenter"
E2 wil return the corresponding total from col C
where col A = "Carpenter"

--
Rgds
Max