Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default index/match/replace

Quick question:
I know about the index match function, but don't have a clue how to write an
expression for it.
I have 2 work sheets: NewCrib and OldCrib. On each I have a PartNumber
column where some of them match in each worksheet. I need to replace the
Designation in NewCrib with that from OldCrib each time the PartNumber
matches.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you could upload an example file to www.savefile.com

--
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I cannot upload it but here is how it is set up:

New Crib,
ToolName Designation PartNumber
Drill F010001
Screw Driver DGR590
Adapter A999888

Old Crib,
ToolName Designation PartNumber
Drill bit T101001 F010001
Driver,Screw T200101 TUFHEHE
Adapter T876543 A999888

So what I need to have happen is in the case where the part numbers match
(for drill bit and Adapter), the designation will be entered into its field
in the new crib. In the case where the screw drivers do not match, the field
will stay blank. These are different worksheets (NewCrib and OldCrib) within
the same file.

Thanks again.