Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to expand the autofilter range 1000 to 10000?

How can I expand the excell autofilter range 1000 to 10,000? Also how could I
create a search engine for my excell data base in order to search and fine
what I am looking for in a thousands of datas? If you could sent answer to my
email please!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"master777" wrote:
How can I expand the excell autofilter range 1000 to 10,000? Also how could I
create a search engine for my excell data base in order to search and fine
what I am looking for in a thousands of datas?

Don't think that is possible,
but you could try Debra Dalgleish's page at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits
Limits to Dropdown Lists (workarounds)
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is important to realise that the filter range can apply to the whole
column (65,000+ values), but that only 1000 different values are
visible in the pull-down list. However, the filter is still active for
all of the values. Try filling a sequence of numbers in column A - 1,
2, 3, 4 etc and applying the autofilter. You will only see the numbers
up to 1000 in the pull-down, but if you select Custom | Greater than |
2000 you will see those higher values filtered.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Max wrote:
"master777" wrote:
How can I expand the excell autofilter range 1000 to 10,000? Also how could I
create a search engine for my excell data base in order to search and fine
what I am looking for in a thousands of datas?

Don't think that is possible,
but you could try Debra Dalgleish's page at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits
Limits to Dropdown Lists (workarounds)
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Good clarification, Pete. Thanks.

My "kneejerk" presumption upon reading the words: autofilter, 1000
might have been wrong