Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I skip blank cells when writing formulas

I'm using Excel 2003. I need to add a value to a large range of cells. Most
cells contain numbers greater than zero, some contain "0", and others are
blank. When I write formulas, it seems like blank cells are assumed to
contain "0". I need to be able to add something to the cells with a "0",
while leaving the blank cells blank. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"KatB" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2003. I need to add a value to a large range of cells.
Most
cells contain numbers greater than zero, some contain "0", and others are
blank. When I write formulas, it seems like blank cells are assumed to
contain "0". I need to be able to add something to the cells with a "0",
while leaving the blank cells blank. Is there a way to do this?

=IF(A1="","",A1+your value)
--
David Biddulph