Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Workday Function in Excel 2007

When I open up a spreadsheet that was created in 2003 inside of 2007 that has
the workday function in the sheet I get a #REF! error. The actual formula
changes to "=#REF!(Today(), -1, Holidays!A1:A5)". I also have made sure that
the Analysis ToolPak Add-In is installed. In fact, I uninstalled the add-in
and re-installed it to make sure that wasn't the issue. DOes anybody have an
explination for this behavior or is this a bug?

Thanks - Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don't know the reason but just some FYI info:

The Workday function is part of the ATP in Excel versions <=11. The ATP
functions have been "rolled into" the main application for Excel 2007, thus
not requiring an add-in. Maybe that has something to do with it but that is
such an obvious compatibility issue that surely MS would have dealt with it.

Biff

"Jeff" wrote in message
When I open up a spreadsheet that was created in 2003 inside of 2007 that
has
the workday function in the sheet I get a #REF! error. The actual formula
changes to "=#REF!(Today(), -1, Holidays!A1:A5)". I also have made sure
that
the Analysis ToolPak Add-In is installed. In fact, I uninstalled the
add-in
and re-installed it to make sure that wasn't the issue. DOes anybody have
an
explination for this behavior or is this a bug?

Thanks - Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried removing the Add-In to see if there was some compatability issue and
it seemed to make no difference.

Thanks for the response and the thought :-)

- J