Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default requiring a field

Say I have a drop down list in A2 where you can choose yes or no, if you
choose no I want b2 to require notes to be entered...How would I require
this? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could have a formula in C2 =IF(A2="no", "Be sure to fill in B2","")

Or you could have event code that popped up a message.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A2")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo CleanUp
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value = "no" Then
MsgBox "Please fill in cell B2"
End If
End With
CleanUp:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Note......both of these are reminders only and if users choose to ignore the
messages or disable macros.................then what?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP