Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Separate a String of #'s

I have a column of #'s which are all somewhat similar. They are
X-##-###-###-##-###-###. Let's say these #'s are in column A. In column B,
I would like ONLY the 3rd string of #'s. Any easy way?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please try mid(your_string, 10,3).

"Coal Miner" wrote:

I have a column of #'s which are all somewhat similar. They are
X-##-###-###-##-###-###. Let's say these #'s are in column A. In column B,
I would like ONLY the 3rd string of #'s. Any easy way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Another way would be to copy your column a over to column B and do Data
TextToColumns on column B using hyphen as delimiter and choosing not to
import the columns not wanted........column B wil result in only your digits
of interest...

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3