Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I insert new work sheets in numerical sequence?

When I insert a new worksheet, Excel places the new sheet (Page 4) in front
of the current page I am working on. The Excel default is 3 pages. If I am
on page 3 and insert a new worksheet, it is then placed in front of page 3.

I want to place them in proper numerical sequence
Example 1,2,3,4
Not 1,2,4,3

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ray

Just left click the sheet tab and drag it into place

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"ray/c" wrote in message
When I insert a new worksheet, Excel places the new sheet (Page 4) in
front
of the current page I am working on. The Excel default is 3 pages. If I
am
on page 3 and insert a new worksheet, it is then placed in front of page
3.

I want to place them in proper numerical sequence
Example 1,2,3,4
Not 1,2,4,3

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nick Hodge gave good answer -
Here are some other options.

#1 - If the workbook gets very large and it becomes difficult to simply drag
the sheet to the end, right-click on the sheet tab and choose [Move or Copy]
and you can scroll down the list and tell Excel where to move it to.

#2 - If you know that most workbooks you create need more than the default 3
pages, you can change the default number: Tools | Options and on the
[General] tab there's a place to change the default number of sheets in a new
workbook.