Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IRR (or MIRR?)

Hi,

IRR, according to explanation in Excel, is of a similar concept with NPV.

But if my cash flow starts from say 2009 onwards (and any cash flows between
2007-2009 are 0), IRR gives me the same result whether or not I choose cells
starting from 2007 or 2009.

But with NPV function, the results are different. How can I get the right
IRRs for different periods with the IRR function?

A B C D E F
year 2007 2008 2009 2009 2010
- - 0 -580,864 -85,079
Equity IRR 9.60% 9.60% 9.60%

(actually the table goes to 2029)
Shouldn't IRR starting from 2007, 2008 or 2009 and all ending in 2029-, give
different results or the same?

Thanks!

tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please do not start multiple threads with essentially the same subject
in the same newsgroup. It makes it difficult to know which to respond
to. See my response to the thread you started with the subject "IRR
and NPV".

-----