Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Use cell value as reference to sheet in formula?

Hello,

I would like to use the value of a cell to be the name of a sheet in a
formula. So for instance:

A1 contains the word "Sheet1"
A2 has the formula "='Sheet1'!C3"

Rather than put the sheet name in A2, is it possible to use the value
in A1 in the formula in A2?

hope that makes sense.

--
bluegnu
bluegnu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36108

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDIRECT(A1&"!C3")

Regards,
Stefi

€˛bluegnu€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hello,

I would like to use the value of a cell to be the name of a sheet in a
formula. So for instance:

A1 contains the word "Sheet1"
A2 has the formula "='Sheet1'!C3"

Rather than put the sheet name in A2, is it possible to use the value
in A1 in the formula in A2?

hope that makes sense.

--
bluegnu
bluegnu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36108
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558830

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thank you, that's worked a treat!

--
bluegnu
bluegnu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36108
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558830

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€˛bluegnu€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

thank you, that's worked a treat!

--
bluegnu
bluegnu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36108
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558830

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, I've been using this loads, but now I've tried to using nested in
the Hyperlink function. I did this:

=HYPERLINK(INDIRECT(A1&"!C3"),INDIRECT(A1&"!C3"))

Now the friendly name bit works OK, but the hyperlink doesn't. Is it
possible to create a hyperlink using this method?

thanks