Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default FInding Duplacates & correcting addresses automatically

I have a 28,000 Contact workbook that I need to clean up before inputing into
a new CRM.
I need to know if I can program the Excel workbook to somehow clean it up
for me.
Take a word out of all caps, Correct some spelling errors, find duplacates
etc.
I am really new at Excel and my job, so it's my job to figure this out and I
really need HELP.
Anybody can give me some idea's I would truly be grateful.
Thank You,
Tiffany D.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"TiffanyD." wrote in message
Take a word out of all caps,

Excel have some powerfulll text functions, however for me to help you with a
formula, you have to give some examples of the data you have and the end
result. Ie

DANN - Dann

DANn - dann

or whatever you want it to do.

Correct some spelling errors,

Use Excels spellcheck - press F7.

find duplacates

Unless you are using the beta (2007 beta 2) Excel dosen't to my knowlegde
have a function to do this. However you can "cheat". What you do is to
create a new function which counts the number of occurences of a given cel
in the entire row this cell is in. If the count is over 1, then you have
dublicates. Next, you can sort by this new row with the number of entries,
and simply delete the dublicated rows (remember not to delete all rows that
have dublicates, since you will be deleting the dublicates and the original
this way).

etc.

More examples?

/Dann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a database of names with general information. It's really large, so I
need it for address's. Examples a P.O. BOX - I need it to be PO Box,
BELMONT AVENUE, Belmont Ave. is what I need. Thank you