Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Looking for a function to search and coincide

I'm looking for a function to do this.
I have names values in the "A" raw, and for each A correspond a Value in "B"
raw.

So, in another cell I input a value of the "A" raw and i need that it search
the value coincident with "A" and "B"-

For ex.

"A" | "B"
JOHN2 | 25
CECE3 | 30

HERE I NEED

input ---- JOHN2 ----- it gives me ----- 25

is ts possible? how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dario,

assuming that the cell when you will imput John2 is D2.

on e2 use this function:

=vlookup(d2,a2:b100,2,0)

assuming that the data is on the a2:b100 range, adjust it as your convinience

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo