Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I generate a list from a range of values

Hi

I have a worksheet containing a range of values (values are in the format
"1.1.i" or "2.a.i")

I want to identify which values are represented in the range of values

Is there a way of creating a list of values from the range ? This way I can
then do a vlookup to identify which values are mssing from the master list

I am using Excel 2002

Regards
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

your are required to elaborate your problem, which values you want to
identify?

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry - to explain

Imagine I have the number 1-5 as my criteria - Throughout a range of cells
on a sheet I have lots of number from 1-5.

I need to generate a list of all the numbers displayed within that range to
identify any of the numbers within my criteria have not been entered in the
range

eg
A1=2, A2=3, A3=5
B1=1, B2=3, B3=2
C1=5, C2=3, C3=3

The list generated would be 1,2,2,3,3,3,3,5,5

By doing a vlookup I would then know that number 4 had not been entered in
the range

The format for the numbers are "1.1.i", "1.1.ii", etc