Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating time difference in minutes

This should be easy, but I'm missing something. We have a deadline of
9:05. The actual time was 9:12. so I have 9:05 in cell B6 and I have
9:12 in cell C6. In D6 I want to show that we were 7 minutes
late...preferably that would show -7.

If I use the formula in D6 =MINUTE(c6-b6) The result is 7. Ideally I
would like fo that to be -7.

If we were actually ahead of deadline, say 9:00 a.m. the formula
returns #NUM! and I would like to show a positive number.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

--
jonhunt
jonhunt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35370