Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bud

Default How can I total just the numbers in a column and ignore non-numeric strings?

I have a column of prices as shown and want to be able to total the
entire column. Sometimes some of the individual items are "included"
and sometimes they are not. If they are not included in the main
price I need to include their individual prices in the column total.
If the items ARE included in the main price the word "included" will
appear instead of the feature's individual price, but I still need to
be able to total the column. The SUM function returns a #VALUE!
error.

Main price 240000
feature A 80000
feature B 9500
feature C Included
Feature D 93000

TOTAL 422500

How can I sum a column that has at least one number in it although
there may also me non-numerics in it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bud

Nevermind ... SUM works just fine ... I had a different (rather
stupid) problem.