Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
salsal

Default Insert and sum in empty cell

Hi,

I need help in writing the macro to do the following:

After sorting by column R, I need to insert a line between the groups,
and then sum the total of column M for both groups (see below)

Column M Column R
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
58.00 <-------------
14.50 05IT
14.50 05IT
29.00 <--------------

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Take a look at Data Subtotals and follow the menus........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"salsal" wrote:

Hi,

I need help in writing the macro to do the following:

After sorting by column R, I need to insert a line between the groups,
and then sum the total of column M for both groups (see below)

Column M Column R
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
58.00 <-------------
14.50 05IT
14.50 05IT
29.00 <--------------

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
salsal

Thanks! That's good! But I need this to be written in a macro in order
to use it in other workbooks.

thx!

"salsal" wrote:

Hi,

I need help in writing the macro to do the following:

After sorting by column R, I need to insert a line between the groups,
and then sum the total of column M for both groups (see below)

Column M Column R
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
14.50 03COM
58.00 <-------------
14.50 05IT
14.50 05IT
29.00 <--------------

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Try this............

Sub SubtotalColumnM()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Columns("M:R").Select
Selection.Subtotal GroupBy:=6, Function:=xlSum, TotalList:=Array(1, 6),
_
Replace:=True, PageBreaks:=False, SummaryBelowData:=True
Range("Q12").Select
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,