Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
soundengineer

Default turn a colon into a period? timestamp related

I have a timestamp in excel that is in the format of
Hrs:Min:sec*:*milliseconds
I need it to be
Hrs:min:seconds*.*milliseconds

period instead of colon inbetween seconds and milliseconds

--
soundengineer
soundengineer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35904

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scoops

soundengineer wrote:
I have a timestamp in excel that is in the format of
Hrs:Min:sec*:*milliseconds
I need it to be
Hrs:min:seconds*.*milliseconds

Hi soundengineer

If you've got a "real" time, try

FormatCells Category: Custom Type hh:mm:ss.000

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
soundengineer

Scoops Wrote:
soundengineer wrote:
I have a timestamp in excel that is in the format of
Hrs:Min:sec*:*milliseconds
I need it to be
Hrs:min:seconds*.*milliseconds

Hi soundengineer

If you've got a "real" time, try

FormatCells Category: Custom Type hh:mm:ss.000

Regards

Steve

sorry doesnt work..I get *#VALUE!* when I try to subtract value 2 from
value 1 to get the difference in time..

heres the file I am working with...

I need to calculte real time difference between frames(which = one line
basically)
as an example I want to take B10-B9 to get an end result in
milliseconds...
My end result should be somthing like 00:00:00.012
qne right now all I can get is #VALUE!

|Filename: dyn1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4953 |

soundengineer
soundengineer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35904
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556950

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

You can subtract B9 from B10 with this formula

=SUBSTITUTE(B10,":",".",3)-SUBSTITUTE(B9,":",".",3)

format result cell as [h]:mm:ss.000

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scoops

soundengineer wrote:
sorry doesnt work..I get *#VALUE!* when I try to subtract value 2 from
value 1 to get the difference in time..

I can't see the file but B10-B9 is pretty straightforward; I can only
guess that the data you're using is not a valid Excel value - you may
want to look at the DATEVALUE and TIMEVALUE functions.

Regards

Steve