Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CT Cameron

Default Help with and /if formulas

Help with adding or combining 3 formulas into one. I would like to combine
the following using the AND or IF?? The first formula is created in I2 and
reads =IF(C2<0,"NO","YES") The other 2 formuals I would like to insert
aif I2 = yes and F2< 7 then NA, if I2 = No then NA and if I2 = yes and F2
7 refer to L2 (lookup column) Each of these formulas work just fine

independently but rather than have 3 columns of info, I would like to shorten
it to one column having all the referencing.

Pleae help. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

=IF(C2<0,"NA",IF(F2<7,"NA",IF(F27,L2,"?")))

What happens if F2=7?

And I wasn't sure about L2 lookup but hopefully this gets you started.

HTH

"CT Cameron" wrote:

Help with adding or combining 3 formulas into one. I would like to combine
the following using the AND or IF?? The first formula is created in I2 and
reads =IF(C2<0,"NO","YES") The other 2 formuals I would like to insert
aif I2 = yes and F2< 7 then NA, if I2 = No then NA and if I2 = yes and F2
7 refer to L2 (lookup column) Each of these formulas work just fine

independently but rather than have 3 columns of info, I would like to shorten
it to one column having all the referencing.

Pleae help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scoops

CT Cameron wrote:
Help with adding or combining 3 formulas into one. I would like to combine
the following using the AND or IF?? The first formula is created in I2 and
reads =IF(C2<0,"NO","YES") The other 2 formuals I would like to insert
aif I2 = yes and F2< 7 then NA, if I2 = No then NA and if I2 = yes and F2
7 refer to L2 (lookup column) Each of these formulas work just fine

independently but rather than have 3 columns of info, I would like to shorten
it to one column having all the referencing.

Pleae help. Thanks!

Hi CT

Does this do what you want?

=IF(AND(C2=0,F27),L2,"NA")

Note that, as a personal preference, I prefer to check for the positive
C2=0 rather than the negative C2<0; I find it easier to read.

Regards

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CT Cameron

Thank-you. This worked just fine. I had two replies with two different ways
and they both worked. Your formula was quite a bit shorter and had the same
effect.

Thank-you!!