Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AndyS

Default How can I always ROUND UP to the nearest multipal of 5 in excl

How can I Always ROUND UP, a number to a multipal of 5 in excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bearacade

=ceiling(a1,5)

Hth

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556265

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Franz Verga

"AndyS" ha scritto nel messaggio
How can I Always ROUND UP, a number to a multipal of 5 in excel

=-INT(-F16/5)*5

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because translating
from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bud

Try this ...
=ceiling(roundup(d4,0),5)
where the number you want rounded up to a multiple of 5 is in cell d4

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:35:02 -0700, AndyS
wrote:

How can I Always ROUND UP, a number to a multipal of 5 in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AndyS

thanks I had tried this but needed to alter in order to make it work thanks
again

"Bearacade" wrote:

=ceiling(a1,5)

Hth