Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OcellNuri

Default Adding data to matching records...

I've searched through the forums, and I'm having trouble applying any
solutions to my situation.

I have two worksheets in my workbook, "MISC" and "durhambins". Here are the
headers and one row of data from MISC.

Part Description
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480

Here are the headers and one row of data from durhambins.

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

I need to have a column added to MISC that holds the correct BIN number for
records with matching Part numbers (the first columns). So that in the end,
the result of the above records would be:

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

Thank you in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OcellNuri

I just realized how pointless this looks with the information I provided.
There are additional columns in each sheet, and the sheets were pulled from a
database using different criteria. I promise that I'm not insane.

"OcellNuri" wrote:

I've searched through the forums, and I'm having trouble applying any
solutions to my situation.

I have two worksheets in my workbook, "MISC" and "durhambins". Here are the
headers and one row of data from MISC.

Part Description
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480

Here are the headers and one row of data from durhambins.

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

I need to have a column added to MISC that holds the correct BIN number for
records with matching Part numbers (the first columns). So that in the end,
the result of the above records would be:

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

hi, on MISC, use =vlookup(a2,durhambins!a1:c1000,3,0)

adjust the range as your needs

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"OcellNuri" wrote:

I've searched through the forums, and I'm having trouble applying any
solutions to my situation.

I have two worksheets in my workbook, "MISC" and "durhambins". Here are the
headers and one row of data from MISC.

Part Description
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480

Here are the headers and one row of data from durhambins.

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

I need to have a column added to MISC that holds the correct BIN number for
records with matching Part numbers (the first columns). So that in the end,
the result of the above records would be:

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OcellNuri

Thanks Marcelo.

I plug that in and it gives me a result of #N/A.

"OcellNuri" wrote:

I've searched through the forums, and I'm having trouble applying any
solutions to my situation.

I have two worksheets in my workbook, "MISC" and "durhambins". Here are the
headers and one row of data from MISC.

Part Description
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480

Here are the headers and one row of data from durhambins.

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

I need to have a column added to MISC that holds the correct BIN number for
records with matching Part numbers (the first columns). So that in the end,
the result of the above records would be:

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

all parts that you have in a both table are the same? and they are on the
same order (sort)

regards

"OcellNuri" wrote:

I've searched through the forums, and I'm having trouble applying any
solutions to my situation.

I have two worksheets in my workbook, "MISC" and "durhambins". Here are the
headers and one row of data from MISC.

Part Description
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480

Here are the headers and one row of data from durhambins.

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

I need to have a column added to MISC that holds the correct BIN number for
records with matching Part numbers (the first columns). So that in the end,
the result of the above records would be:

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OcellNuri

The tables are not the same. I need to search for records that match part
numbers, and then append the BIN number from the durhambin sheet to the
correct record in MISC.

"OcellNuri" wrote:

I've searched through the forums, and I'm having trouble applying any
solutions to my situation.

I have two worksheets in my workbook, "MISC" and "durhambins". Here are the
headers and one row of data from MISC.

Part Description
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480

Here are the headers and one row of data from durhambins.

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

I need to have a column added to MISC that holds the correct BIN number for
records with matching Part numbers (the first columns). So that in the end,
the result of the above records would be:

Part Description Bin
400037 Instant Adhesive, Loctite 480 FRIDGE

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OcellNuri

My mistake, it did work! I was getting #N/A because some of my records are
not repeated in both tables. Thank you for your help!