Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Turin

Default Display Dynamic Range

OK great. Getting there.
I still don't know how to DISPLAY the result without copying the
formula into each cell. The Daily_Postage array changes every day.
Daily Postage is 12 x 500 array of cells each with a formula or
reference in it. The days records show up across the 12 columns and
down as far as there's data, below that the formulas generate "" blank
cells. I want to copy the array of data only over to sheet 2.

Biff wrote:
BTW, your formula is incorrect:

=OFFSET(Daily_Postage_Range,0,0,COUNTIF('Import_P ostage'!$A$A,"0",12)

Probably should be:

=OFFSET(Daily_Postage_Range,0,0,COUNTIF('Import_Po stage'!$A:$A,"0"),12)

COUNTIF('Import_Postage'!$A:$A,"0") is the height argument

12 is the width argument

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

It doesn't work like that!

You'd have to select an array of cells equal to:

COUNTIF('Import_Postage!$A$A,"0",12

Then enter the formula as an array.

Biff

"Turin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I created a dynamic named range(Daily_Postage) from data on
sheet1(Import_Postage) that basically includes only the rows that have
data. Works good. Now I want to display that new set of data on
sheet2 without spreading formulas around in each cell. Thought I could
=OFFSET(Daily_Postage_Range,0,0,COUNTIF('Import_Po stage!$A$A,"0",12)
in A1 and see the whole array on sheet2 but no.
Help?
Tim