Carole O

Default Can't paste cell copied from hyperlinked file

Excel 2003

I have a hyperlink to another worksheet (from FORM to SKU_LIST) within the
workbook. The user (using Excel 2000) hyperlinks to the SKU_LISTworksheet,
finds and copies the cell, and tries to paste it into an unprotected cell in
FORM. They get "The cell or chart your are trying to change is protected and
therefore read-only." The cell is unprotected, the worksheet is protected.
Other times they get - when using paste special - "Requires merged cells to
be identically sized".

What can I do - develop the form in 2000? It works fine for me when I test
it in 2003.

Please give me an idea - is this a problem with 2000 and 2003?

TIA,

Carole O