Sneed924

Default how to make a title always on the page on excel 2003

I have seen this on excel before and was wondering how its done. When some
spreadsheets get long and as you scroll the title of each column isn't
visible anymore and you forget which column is what by the end of it. My
question is how do you make to where when you scroll down your spreadsheet
the titles from the very beginning remain on the very top. Hopefully you
understand what i am asking. I would appreciate the help.

Justin
Jake Marx

Hi Justin,

You may be talking about Freezing Panes. Select cell A2 (or B2 if you have
a column of row headers as well), then select Window | Freeze Panes.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Sneed924 wrote:
I have seen this on excel before and was wondering how its done. When
some spreadsheets get long and as you scroll the title of each column
isn't visible anymore and you forget which column is what by the end
of it. My question is how do you make to where when you scroll down
your spreadsheet the titles from the very beginning remain on the
very top. Hopefully you understand what i am asking. I would
appreciate the help.

Justin

Max

Assuming col headers are in row1 (in A1, B1, C1, etc)
Select A2, then click Window Freeze Panes
This will freeze row1 when you scroll down

And if you have row headers in col A (i.e. in A2, A3, A4, etc) to freeze as
well besides col headers in row1 when you scroll across, just select B2
instead, then click Window Freeze Panes
--
Rgds
Max