Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
0-0 Wai Wai ^-^

Default Conditional Formula - calculate only if net unit is zero

Here's the table for one game

Date-----Buy(Unit)-----Sell(Unit)-----Net Unit-----Price($)-----Net
Profit/Loss($)
xx/xx----2----------------##--------------2--------------125---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------1--------------150---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------0--------------165---------- +65
xx/xx----##---------------4--------------(4)-------------170--------- ##
xx/xx----2----------------##-------------(2)-------------165---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1--------------(3)-------------180---------- ##
xx/xx----3----------------##--------------0--------------180---------- (10)

Number in bracket means negative.
## means empty cell.

How can I type a formula, so that every time there's no stock left (ie zero net
unit), it will calculate the net profit once.
Any workaround is also appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi,

try to use if

=if(net unit=0,net profit,false)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
0-0 Wai Wai ^-^

Sorry, I haven't clarified enough.

It is calculated each time when the stock falls to zero (ie net unit = 0).
However "net profit" does not accumulate!

xx/xx----2----------------##--------------2--------------125---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------1--------------150---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------0--------------165---------- +65
Only the above entries is counted for the calculation of net profit/loss, ie 65.

xx/xx----##---------------4--------------(4)-------------170--------- ##
xx/xx----2----------------##-------------(2)-------------165---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1--------------(3)-------------180---------- ##
xx/xx----3----------------##--------------0--------------180---------- (10)
Only the above entries is counted for the calculation of net profit/loss, ie
(10).

There're many of them.
How can I tell the forumla to group them and calculate accordingly.

--
Additional info about my computer:
- Office XP

¥»¤Hªº¯à¤O«D±`¦³**. ¦p¦³¤£·í¤§³B, ±æÃѪ̤£§[½ç¥¿!!
After all, the above are merely my little opinion/idea.
Since my ability is limited, I could be wrong.
"Marcelo" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I get 55 as the final profit loss not (10), but try this in F2, and copy
down

=IF(D2=0,SUMPRODUCT($C$2:C2,$E$2:E2)-SUMPRODUCT($B$2:B2,$E$2:E2),"")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
0-0 Wai Wai ^-^

Default Conditional Formula [Note: The "net profit" here is not accumulating]

Sorry! I forget to say.
The "net profit" here is not accumulating.

xx/xx----2----------------##--------------2--------------125---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------1--------------150---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------0--------------165---------- +65
Only the above entries is counted for the calculation of net profit/loss, ie 65.

xx/xx----##---------------4--------------(4)-------------170--------- ##
xx/xx----2----------------##-------------(2)-------------165---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1--------------(3)-------------180---------- ##
xx/xx----3----------------##--------------0--------------180---------- (10)
Only the above entries is counted for the calculation of net profit/loss, ie
(10).

Each of my tables is flexible. They vary in number of entries.
How can I tell the formula to group the entries and calculate each "net
profit/loss" separately?

Thank you.

--
Additional info about my computer:
- Office XP
- Windows XP Pro

"Bob Phillips" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Try this adaptation then, again in F2 and copy down

=IF(D2<0,"",SUMPRODUCT($C$2:C2,$E$2:E2)-SUMPRODUCT($B$2:B2,$E$2:E2)-SUM($F$
1:F1))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

Sorry! I forget to say.

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

Here's the table for one game

Date-----Buy(Unit)-----Sell(Unit)-----Net Unit-----Price($)-----Net
Profit/Loss($)
xx/xx----2----------------##--------------2--------------125----------

##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------1--------------150----------

##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------0--------------165----------

+65
xx/xx----##---------------4--------------(4)-------------170---------

##
xx/xx----2----------------##-------------(2)-------------165----------

##
xx/xx----##---------------1--------------(3)-------------180----------

##
xx/xx----3----------------##--------------0--------------180----------

(10)

Number in bracket means negative.
## means empty cell.

How can I type a formula, so that every time there's no stock left (ie

zero net
unit), it will calculate the net profit once.
Any workaround is also appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
0-0 Wai Wai ^-^

¥»¤Hªº¯à¤O«D±`¦³**. ¦p¦³¤£·í¤§³B, ±æÃѪ̤£§[½ç¥¿!!
After all, the above are merely my little opinion/idea.
Since my ability is limited, I could be wrong.
"Bob Phillips" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
Try this adaptation then, again in F2 and copy down

=IF(D2<0,"",SUMPRODUCT($C$2:C2,$E$2:E2)-SUMPRODUCT($B$2:B2,$E$2:E2)-SUM($F$
1:F1))

Thanks for your formula.
Still I have to modify the cell references of each formula manually.
I would like to create one global formula which can apply to all instances.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

Sorry! I forget to say.

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Why do you. I tested it and I didn't have to.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

¥»¤Hªº¯à¤O«D±`¦³**. ¦p¦³¤£·í¤§³B, ±æÃѪ̤£§[½ç¥¿!!
After all, the above are merely my little opinion/idea.
Since my ability is limited, I could be wrong.
"Bob Phillips" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
Try this adaptation then, again in F2 and copy down

=IF(D2<0,"",SUMPRODUCT($C$2:C2,$E$2:E2)-SUMPRODUCT($B$2:B2,$E$2:E2)-SUM($F$
1:F1))

Thanks for your formula.
Still I have to modify the cell references of each formula manually.
I would like to create one global formula which can apply to all

instances.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

Sorry! I forget to say.
[...]

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote in message

Here's the table for one game

Date-----Buy(Unit)-----Sell(Unit)-----Net

Unit-----Price($)-----Net
Profit/Loss($)

xx/xx----2----------------##--------------2--------------125----------
##

xx/xx----##---------------1---------------1--------------150----------
##

xx/xx----##---------------1---------------0--------------165----------
+65

xx/xx----##---------------4--------------(4)-------------170---------
##

xx/xx----2----------------##-------------(2)-------------165----------
##

xx/xx----##---------------1--------------(3)-------------180----------
##

xx/xx----3----------------##--------------0--------------180----------
(10)

Number in bracket means negative.
## means empty cell.

How can I type a formula, so that every time there's no stock left

(ie
zero net
unit), it will calculate the net profit once.
Any workaround is also appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
0-0 Wai Wai ^-^

Default Conditional Formula - calculate only if net unit is zero [modified]

Here's the table for one game

Date-----Buy(Unit)-----Sell(Unit)-----Net Unit-----Price($)-----Net
Profit/Loss($)
xx/xx----2----------------##--------------2--------------125---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------1--------------150---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------0--------------165---------- +65
xx/xx----##---------------4--------------(4)-------------170--------- ##
xx/xx----2----------------##-------------(2)-------------165---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1--------------(3)-------------180---------- ##
xx/xx----3----------------##--------------0--------------180---------- (10)
.... ...
.... ...

Number in bracket means negative.
## means empty cell.

Group A:
xx/xx----2----------------##--------------2--------------125---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------1--------------150---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1---------------0--------------165---------- +65
Only the above entries is counted for the calculation of net profit/loss, ie 65.

Group B:
xx/xx----##---------------4--------------(4)-------------170--------- ##
xx/xx----2----------------##-------------(2)-------------165---------- ##
xx/xx----##---------------1--------------(3)-------------180---------- ##
Only the above entries is counted for the calculation of net profit/loss, ie
(10).

Group C, D, E, F... ...

Each of my tables is flexible. They vary in number of entries.
How can I tell the formula to group the entries and calculate each "net
profit/loss" separately?

The "net profit" is calculated every time when there's no stock left (ie zero
net
unit). The "net profit" does not accumulate!