Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sum Limit and marking

Default Excel Formula Question

I am pulling data from 2 seperate data fields, but they are linked by their
job # as follows:

Data 1
Ship Date: Supplier Name: Job #:
6/1/06 Supplier 1 101
6/2/06 Supplier 1 110
6/2/06 Supplier 1 102

Data 2
Job#: Date Rec'd:
101 6/7/06
102 6/5/06
110 6/3/06

Is there a formula that will allow me to search within the 2 data fields by
job # and have it provide me when I sent it out and when I received the
product?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

you can use vllokup on data 1

Assuming your data 1 is A1:C4

use a formula on D2 as =vlookup(c2,Data2!A2:B4,2,0)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Sum Limit and marking" escreveu:

I am pulling data from 2 seperate data fields, but they are linked by their
job # as follows:

Data 1
Ship Date: Supplier Name: Job #:
6/1/06 Supplier 1 101
6/2/06 Supplier 1 110
6/2/06 Supplier 1 102

Data 2
Job#: Date Rec'd:
101 6/7/06
102 6/5/06
110 6/3/06

Is there a formula that will allow me to search within the 2 data fields by
job # and have it provide me when I sent it out and when I received the
product?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Ship date